Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Paradoxical Peace

"God sets himself against the proud, but he shows favor to the humble. So humble yourselves before God." James 4:6-7 (NLT)
"Don't be so naive and self-confident. You're not exempt. You could fall flat on your face as easily as anyone else. Forget about self-confidence; it's useless. Cultivate God-confidence." 1 Cor (Msg)

Paradoxical Peace

Tick Tock
I live for the clock
Schedules, deadlines
Structure, guidelines
I like knowing the endings
Don't like things pending
Formulas bring peace
So I fall to my knees
I call out to You
Find the Word that is true
But Life application
Life transformation
Sometimes seems muddled
Leaving me puzzled
Facing the strife
And Challenges of life
God confidence, a humble heart,
What does this mean? Where do I start?
Be bold, be meek
Rest, but go seek
Trust, but do
Be myself, no more like You
God is with you, he watches above
Fear God, but God is love
One is healed, another dying
Some laughing, someone crying
My uptight soul
Exploring the holes
Answers needed
Doubt deep-seeded
I take a breath
Stop, rest
I don't have to know
You don't have to show
A child trusts a father
So why do I bother?
I'll never know it all
I can't avoid the fall
I can't be the boss
When he died on the cross
Let go, give in
Dive in and swim
In the perfect balance of his
paradoxical peace.

No comments: