Sunday, June 19, 2005

Unseen Miracles

“There two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” Albert Einstein

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1

Unseen Miracles

When I enter a smoke-filled restaurant
Let me see the miracle that I can breathe.
When I walk into the doctor’s office
Let me see the miracle that I can walk.
When I argue with my husband
Let me see the miracle that I have one.
When I can’t pay my bills
Let me see the miracle that I have a home.
When she throws a tantrum in the store
Let me see the miracle in her search for independence.
When my students give less than their best
Let me see the miracle that I have a job that I love.
When the weather changes my plans
Let me see the miracle of the seasons.
When others try to bring me down
Let me see the miracle of a temporary life on earth.
When I feel us drifting apart
Let me see the miracle that I am not too busy to notice.
When the “to do” list is too long and the hours too short
Let me see the miracle of another day.
When I make mistakes and say the wrong thing
Let me see the miracle of another chance.
Whenever life brings tragedy, disappointment, injustice
Let me see the miracle of trusting in You.

No comments: