Monday, June 27, 2005

Delicate Balance

“For nothing is impossible with God.” Luke 1:37

“Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”
Corrie Ten Boom


Delicate Balance

“Nothing is impossible with God.”
They say this in church and everyone nods.
I tend to agree for the most part
But I must confess this small doubt in my heart.
They say “Ask and you shall receive.”
They say you’ll get it if you really believe.
When I pray for others, I know You are there
But to pray for my own needs in faith is rare.
Today I ask myself why, for I know it’s not right
Instead of prayer, I turn to worry at night.
Never worry for others; I know they deserve a blessing
But as far as my own needs, I leave myself guessing
But You are all I have when the busyness is gone
I can see You in my daughter’s eyes and feel You in the dawn.
Am I scared if I truly ask and I plainly don’t receive
That I will find it harder to pray, serve, and really believe?
Am I scared that my needs might seem selfish, petty, and vain
In a world full of so much hunger, suffering, and pain?
Can I ask for blessings when many others have so much less?
Can I really pray for my bank account and all the trivial stress?
Lord, help me find that delicate balance of faith versus pride
Humility versus doubt, Lord, please be my guide.
For if Your “eye is on the sparrow” up in the walnut tree
Then maybe you really are waiting to bless even little me.

No comments: