Sunday, June 12, 2005

Intermission

"These things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely,the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day." Habakkuk 2:3

"God is never in a hurry, but he is always on time." ~Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life

Intermission

Most people like the intermission
So they can stretch and take a break
But I can't stand the waiting
I sit, but my legs will shake
I look at my watch again
Wanting to get on with the show
Aren't they watching the clock?
It 's past the time to go.
I've never cared for stop lights,
Detours, trains, yeild signs,
Restaurants before the meals is served,
Waiting rooms and long lines.
Why can't I ever relax?
And why do I want it now?
Why do I demand it so quickly?
And why do I not care how?
Why did I rush through childhood
Always wanting to be bigger
Older, smarter, wiser, skinnier
Awaiting my girlish figure?
Do I always need control?
Is that why it's so hard to pray?
Because it's hard to wait for You, God
I want my answers today!
The waiting may be difficult
But how can I complain?
For You waited on the cross
Enduring unbearable pain.
All of this was for us
Your love defined the mission
Lord, please forgive my selfishness
And help me rest in this intermission.




No comments: