Saturday, June 11, 2005

Love Specifically

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking,it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Cor 13: 4-7

Love Specifically

Love is patient
When waiting in line, in traffic, and for him to notice me.
Love is kind
When I stroke her hair and sing her to sleep.
It does not envy
When other women have better homes, cars, clothes, figures.
It does not boast
When I do the right thing, make the right call, say the right words.
It is not proud
When I get a compliment, receive praise, or enjoy being needed.
It is not rude
When he is late, forgets to call, or works too much.
It is not self-seeking
When I worry over appearances and strive for perfection.
It is not easily angered
When I'm hungry, tired, and it's that time of the month.
It keeps no record of wrongs
When the students get a new start and new chances every day.
Love does not delight in evil
When they gossip and mock others in the teacher's lounge.
But rejoices in the truth
When I go to Your word for answers.
It always protects
My family and loved ones,
Always trusts
That God will provide
Always hopes
Others will find You
Always perseveres
To grow, give, praise, pray, and love specifically.

No comments: