Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Double Joy, Half Sorrow

“Shared joy is double joy; shared sorrow is half sorrow.” Nigerian Proverb

“ Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their work:
10
If one falls down,
his friend can help him up.
But pity the man who falls and
has no one to help him up!
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

Double Joy, Half Sorrow

Friends change things.
Silent cries to laughs out loud
Broken spirits to resurrected hope
Chasing dreams to embracing realities
Sleepless nights to restful days
Looming questions to answered prayers
Howling winds to tickling breezes
Trudging through the days to relishing the moments
Longing for belonging to believing and receiving
Suffering in the storm to rejoicing in the rainbow
Dried up well of confidence to overflowing fountains of courage
A struggling marriage to a blessing in disguise
The worn-out woman to the invigorated individual
Rigid shards of isolation to comfort padded cotton conversations
The untouchable mist of need to a tangible shoulder to cry on
A marred self-portrait to the unveiling of a masterpiece
A famous man in a book to a living messiah I see in them.

Thank you, circle of friends, for changing my life for the better.
I only hope I can return the favor.

Thank you Lord for my circle of friends and all of the other blessings I don’t deserve.
I only hope I can return the favor.

No comments: