Saturday, July 09, 2005

Defining Delight

"Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4

"Lord, if what I ask for does not please You, neither would it please me. My desires are put into Your hands to be corrected. Strike the pen through every petition that I offer that is not right. And put in whatever I have omitted, even though I might not have desired it had I considered it." Charles Spurgeon

Defining Delight

Letting go of the seat of the bike
Believing in the rider
Falling back, arms out, legs straight
Trusting in the catch
Waving goodbye on the first day of school
Depending on the teacher
Leaping from the belly of a plane
Relying on the parachute
Not calling when he is late coming home
Confident in his safe arrival
Diving off a bridge toward a raging river
Expecting the spring in the rope
Delighting myself in You
Hoping to make You smile
Praying according to Your will
Having faith that I will meet You
In my prayers today and until the end of this life on earth
I will delight in letting go, taking risks, and trusting in You.

No comments: