Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Back Up Plans

“But let him ask in faith without any doubting, for the one who doubts is the surf of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.” James : 1:6


“. . . we need not be frightened away by our doubts or our weak faith, but only tell Jesus how weak our faith is. We have let Jesus into our hearts. And he will fulfill our hearts’ desires.” O. Hallesby


Back Up Plans


Lord, forgive me for the back up plans
For thinking I’ll just try it with my own two hands.
I used to ask for help but they wouldn’t follow through
I found it was simply easier just for me to do.
I was saved from disappointment or being taken for granted
But now I know that’s how this seed of doubt was planted.
Why bother almighty God with my insignificant trials?
I’ll just add it to my “to do” list or place it on a pile.
But my true friend Jesus is ignored in the busyness
Waiting for a chance to prove His love and trustworthiness.
I can do it myself. I say I don’t want to be a bother.
But I’m missing out on the Prince of Peace and my heavenly father.
I pray for financial blessing, but still worry about bills to pay.
I pray for Godly confidence, but still wonder what people might say.
So Lord, I come before You this day to tell You my faith is weak
I want to "come boldly", but You said “blessed are the meek.”
I want to ask for my heart’s desire, yet I want Your will to be done.
Holy Spirit, form the words from my heart when my mind has none
And Lord, please forgive me for the back up plans
I now place my life in Your capable hands.

No comments: