Monday, September 26, 2005

Sand Castles and the Big Bad Wolf

"I would place all my trust in the Lord - up to a certain point. As long as things were going well, He had one hundred percent of me. It was when the tides started coming into my life that I felt I had to step in. I was a picture of my daughters, in their frantic attempt to save their castle. I would run around anxiously trying to save the walls of my life from collapsing. But in the end just like the sand castle, I couldn't save myself." Sand Castle Lives by Cathie Jo Floyd

"For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work." 1 Corinthians 3:11-13

With Straw and twigs
Those first two pigs
Thought they knew
I did too
Castle of sand
So well planned
Seeking perfection
Under inspection
Then a huff and a puff
Called my bluff
Here I stand
Covered in sand
Like a bare winter tree
All there is --is me
When the dust clears
You appear
A moment bewildered
The master builder
Leads me to the rock
Mystery unlocked
Enjoy the view
of trusting You

No comments: