Friday, May 20, 2005

seeking worship

"The Father seeks worshipers . . . and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth." Jn 4:23-24

In Spirit and Truth . . .What would worship be like "in spirit and in truth" for me? - What is authentic worship that connects the unique qualities You created in me and gives credit and praise back to You, my Creator.
What is my finger-printed, DNA worship?
Poetry perhaps.
It's a starting point, at least.

If there were no limits to my worship, no shouting world of expectations, philosophies, and judgements, perhaps it would be like this . . .

We dance in delicate dreams,
Watching the branches above wave us on
We break into a sprint
bare foot
together
To battle those who say
Play whispers weakness,
But for us,
Play is wisdom.
We reach for shadows
say the sun is purple
crush time
redefine beauty
And just
Let loose
Let go

"If it makes my body so cold no fire can warm me. I know it is poetry." Emily Dickinson

Poor Emily, she didn't really know it was God.

" . . . there are emotions and situations and tensions that a human being feels in his life but he can't explain. And poetry is a literary tool that has the power to give a person the feeling he isn't alone in those emotions, that, though there are no words to describe them, somebody understands." Donald Miller, Searching for God Knows What

No comments: