Sunday, May 29, 2005

The Difficulty of All

The Difficulty of All

Behind the safety
Of venetian blinds
I peek before I play
Look before I leap
Assess before I access
For I have been burnt before.
Some would say
Caution is clever
Careful, don't get hurt
Watch out
Be smart
Stay on your toes
But I can't do this with You, Lord
The blinds are transparent to You alone
Your inside with me
Pushing me out the door
Waiting for faith
A mustard seed even
A child trusting her father.
Lord, come with me
Take my hand
We'll cross the threshold together
Into the world
of danger, lies, deceit, pain, disappointment.
Yes, but also
Into the world
of beauty, love, truth, peace, blessings,
And people who need me
Like I need You.
Leaving the blinds behind
Let me run out
Searching, finding, and blessing
the "least of these"
Chasing, loving, shouting,
Singing, dancing, whirling in the sun
with ALL of me.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength." Mark 12:30


No comments: