Saturday, December 08, 2007

5 years old



When we got home from a long day of
food-dropping, chuck-e-cheesing,
pizza-munching, present-opening,
birthday-praying instead of wishing,
cake-smearing, token-clinking,
doll-toting, mommy-waiting,
and two services of seeing You
she finally got to play a little
But when I entered her room,
it was like a tsunami aftermath of toys
I looked down at her and told her
those who make messes
become those who have to clean them up
she looked around like a rotating fan
blinked her big eyes up at me and said
"But mommy, the bible tells us
to help others . . ."
(sigh, lips purse, laughter hissing through the nose)
well, at least she's learning Your word
one day she'll use it for good and not evil . . .

Thank you for my beautiful little girl and five years of growing closer to You through the gift of mommyhood.

I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it." Mark 10:15

1 comment:

Sarah (Koutz) Johnson said...

I'm telling you, that girl is too smart for her own good.