Monday, September 15, 2014

Stone


Defying this black and white-wigged judge of a world
I skip across the surface a defiant and playful gray
I timber giants, flying from a shepherd boy's sling
Perch at the bottom of the river, going with the flow,
When heavy, I stub toes or cornerstone skyscrapers
When light, I clink upstairs windows of pretty girls
Humanity stomped me to rubble with feet and machines
From mountains, to gravel, to castles again
Broken pieces holding hands until citadels tower
On sticks, I slaughter in battle
On grass, I provide the path to peace
Sticks and I can break your bones and words on me will kill you
Live wildly that solid dash between the dates
So I can be your monument
-clink-



“When a stone is dropped into a pond, 
the water continues quivering 
even after the stone has sunk to the bottom.” 
― Arthur GoldenMemoirs of a Geisha
“Watch closely. I’m laying a foundation...
    a solid granite foundation, squared and true.
And this is the meaning of the stone:
    a trusting life won’t topple."

Isaiah 28:16 (MSG)