Monday, June 09, 2008

Nike Theology


you're a great coach
three months of
leaning on You for will power
hearing you cheer me on
as the numbers on the scale went down
always pushing me to
keep moving even when it hurts
stop complaining
and just do it
rewarding me with smaller sizes
longer gazes from my husband
more energy to chase my little girl
and twenty five pounds less in three months
But now on to the bigger challenge
as you coach me
and a great group of women
in the training, toning and strengthening
of our souls
as we lean on You for will power
hear you cheer us and push us to
keep moving even when it hurts
stop complaining
and just do it


"[Spiritual] disciplines are not meant to be one more thing for us to fail at in our relationship with God. They are meant to help us untie knots of bondage and break old, bad habits that make life more difficult. The disciplines are meant to breathe life into the dead places of our souls." Valerie Hess, Spiritual Disciplines Devotional

"We all live in this tension between here's who I am and there's who I want to be . . . God sees us before we see ourselves . . . This isn't just about us. It's about what God wants to do with us." D.C. Curry, "Designing a Transformation" sermon 5/22/08

'And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2 Corinthians 3:18

"Some people regard discipline as a chore. For me, it is a kind of order that sets me free to fly." Julie Andrews

No comments: