Friday, March 16, 2007

Toss Your Cookies

(Paraphrased)"Americans have been given much, and much is expected. It's like a child hoarding all the cookies, unwilling to share. We often ask: Why don't I have more? But what we should be asking is: Why do I have so much? " Rob Wegner, GCC New Community 3/15/07

"There will always be poor people in the land. Therefore I command you to be openhanded toward your brothers and toward the poor and needy in your land." Deuteronomy 15:11

www.globalrichlist.com

Lord, help me to find a way to use the blessings you've given me to make a difference on a global level. No more changing the channel when those big eyes filled with hunger fill the TV screen. No more running from the news toward the sweet comfort of complacency. Help me find a way to toss my cookies to those who really need them.

No comments: