Friday, March 03, 2006

Salt Shaker

"Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage." Matthew 5:13 (Msg)

"Think about what salt does: IT MAKES PEOPLE THIRSTY; IT SPICES THINGS UP; IT'S A PRESERVATIVE; IT ENHANCES FLAVOR." Rob Wegner

At home, at work, everywhere I go,
may I be a salt shaker.
Making people thirst for You,
Like eating oreos with no milk
Spicing things up so people wake up from a life without purpose,
like an alarm with no snooze button.
Preserving the truth of Your word in the midst of moral decay
Like beef jerky on Survivor, but I brought enough to share. : )
Enhancing the flavor of You in this world,
like when I bring out the best in my husband, my students, my little girl.
Lord, at home, at work, everywhere I go,
may I be a salt shaker for You.
(Chicka- Chicka)

No comments: