Sunday, January 01, 2012

The New Knew



drowning in the New Year lists of shoulds
waves crashing from both sides
more saving, less spending
more water, less sodium
more cardio, less battered and fried
and it's making all of us a little battered and fried
12 steps down to the basement
where my kid pulls me back up to You
with the placid lake simplicity of the 4 L's
Live.
Laugh.
Look.
Love.
and I add the 5th
Listen.


“For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice.” T.S.Eliot

"Forget about what's happened; don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new."(Isaiah 43:19 MSG)

"All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning." ~Albert Camus

One thing I ask from the LORD,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4

"I know what I want: to see deeply, to thank deeply, to feel joy deeply. How my eyes see, perspective, is the key..." Ann Voskamp "One Thousand Gifts"