Sunday, April 01, 2007

Mother Hen


mother hen stands guard
afraid to abandon them for a dream
of greater provision
of a bigger megaphone
for Your kingdom come
a dream of more chicks to
cheer out of their shells
toward the light of Your son
more Isaiah 61:2-3
"to comfort all who mourn
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of gladness
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the LORD
for the display of his splendor."
this longing for soul makeovers
this ache for their stories,
these eyes in the back of my head
these listening ears
these arms to hug them
show me when it's time to let go
or hold tighter
Lord, use this part of me for Your glory
whichever path You lead me down


"But I will defend my house against marauding forces. Never again will an oppressor overrun my people, for now I am keeping watch." Zechariah 9:8


"Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others." 1 Corinthians 10:24

"Instead of saying 'God, fix my problem', say 'God use my problem'." Pastor Rob Wegner, "Making It Through" sermon 4/1/2007

No comments: