Saturday, October 15, 2005

Camping

"O Lord, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise, you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways . . . Where can I go from your spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?" Psalm 139:1-3,7 (NIV)

We took Lauren camping last night for the first time.
Daddy set up the tent while we checked out the playgrounds and potties.
We roasted hot dogs, tried the Jiffy pop thing
and my little girl tasted her first marshmallow,
or rather her first eight marshmallows
--yeah, it was hard to get her to sleep.
But after a few doll dress changes,
and some of the old favorite books by flashlight,
those little eyelids just couldn't resist.
Just the three of us, cuddled up in a tent all night.
No arguments,
no deadlines,
no phone calls,
no guessing how to make eachother stay happy--just us.
Just the four of us. Thank you, lord. Thank you for camping.

No comments: